Thursday, July 9, 2009

Going Home

As I returned to Missouri this past week, I had the opportunity to visit with friends of 20+ years. I am still amazed that conversations can be picked up left from a previous time, so easily. It is like opening that classic book with an earmarked page. The story is strong, legendary, and can stand alone. You love it just as much as when you pick it up again, continuing the read, as when you previously had to set it down. The time in between is soon forgotten.

As a spouse involved in a corporate move, we have opportunity to go back to visit where we once lived, even what was called 'home'. It is comforting to enter that past story, but soon it is time to put in the 'book mark' and leave.

Friends, places and memories are precious. My heart is warmed by the positive changes in my friend's lives. I am always assured there is a place earmarked for me when I return...and the story continues. Soon, the time comes to set that story down and return to the adventurous corporate journey. That journey is a time to learn and grow again. I admit it,...I love both places. I need both places.

If you are a spouse that is moving soon, put your fears aside and look forward to the opportunity ahead of you. Yes, you can always go back home...to visit. Your comfort level will grow as you experience it more. You will soon find that you absolutely enjoy...both places!