Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fortune Magazine; July 16 issue

It was my great 'fortune' to be included in a by-line regarding the article, "The Best Advice I Ever Got". The Price for Advice...

So what is the price for advice? I mean, GOOD advice?! And then, what is good advice?

I believe that living through an experience, taking the walk and even taking notice of the road not taken, leads to a broader look of the journey. Finding someone who has been down that road, and is honest in telling you about it, leads to good advice.

Looking back, I am not so sure why I was that kid who listened to their elders. However, to this day, I seek out my friends who have gathered wisdom by experience when I am making decisions. As a matter of fact, I invited my 90 year old friend to lunch tomorrow (she was insistent upon driving her own car). She always gives me insight during our conversations. Extremely sharp and current in events, educated by years of experience, I respect and value her advice.

So what's the price of advice as you are looking for help in some decision making? Maybe it's the price of lunch, or perhaps in an email, it is free.

ExecuMate was born out of helping others. It is built on advice given from a veteran corporate spouse.

So, if you are looking for a speaker for your non-profit or faith group, the good news is, the advice (speaker) from ExecuMate is free. Yes, just as stated in Fortune Magazine. Have a very good day...